2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- (a) Overview. Our primary goals are to provide and improve our products and services, to provide quality customer service, to respond to you and to enable users to effectively navigate the Site. We may collect Personal Data and Non-Personal Data about you and process the same as set forth herein.
- (b) “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
- (c) When you give us your information. You may give us your Personal Data in the following ways: (i) sign up for newsletters, (ii) send us an email, (iii) acquire merchandise and/or (iv) participate in a special promotion.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will use your Personal Data to:
- (i) carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- (ii) provide you with Site and the merchandise you requested from us;
- (iii) notify you about changes to our Site; or
- (iv) ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device, and
- (v) we may also use your Personal Data to contact you with certain marketing or promotional materials, as well as other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer consent to such use please send us an email so stating to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
4. NON-PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- (a) “Non-Personal Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Non-Personal Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
- (b) Log Data. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect technical and statistical data about your visit, such as your browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data, the pages you visit and any search terms you use ("Log Data").
- (c) IP Address. We also collect your public IP address when you visit the Site. We may use your public IP address in order to determine whether certain requests are fraudulent or frivolous and we may automatically cross-reference your public IP address with your domain name (usually the domain name of your ISP or employer). Because you may be visiting the Site from your personal residence (for example, because you are telecommuting), your IP address and any associated domain name are treated as "Personal Network Information" instead of Personal Data. "Log Data" does not include Personal Network Information. Although such Personal Network Information may be used to administer and maintain the Site, it is not shared with any third parties, except as described below in the sections titled "Service Providers," "Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement" and "Business Transfers." We will use Log Data for any purpose.
- (d) Use of Non-Personal Data. We may also use your Log Data and Personal Network Information to: (i) administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; (ii) improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; (iii) allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; (iv) as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- (e) Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to users. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Personal Data.
- (f) Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
5. AGGREGATED DATA
After removing any information that would personally identify you from within the set of Personal Data, Personal Network Information and Log Data we collect from you, we may combine that information with information we collect from other users and customers (collectively the "Aggregated Data") in order to improve the quality and value of Site and to analyze and understand how our Site is used. We may share Aggregated Data (after stripping of any information that would personally identify you) and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes.
6. COOKIES/TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
7. BEHAVIORAL TARGETING / RE-TARGETING
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by going to http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union please go here http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
8. INFORMATION SHARING & DISCLOSURE
- (a) Service Providers. We may from time to time use certain third-party business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors (including companies and individuals) to perform Site-related services (for example, without limitation, website hosting, maintenance services, database management, Web analytics, and improvement of the Site's features) (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- (b) Compliance with laws and law enforcement. JASON WU cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your Personal Data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties in response to lawful requests if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation (such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or respond to claims and legal process, to protect the property and rights of JASON WU or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection).
- (c) Business Transfers. If JASON WU is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
9. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by us pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at the below address:
240 West 35th St., 11th Floor
New York, NY 10001
10. CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals and we will still receive information. As a result, we may still collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal. It is possible that some or all of our third-party advertising partners or members of their affiliate network may participate in a consumer opt-out programs. To learn more about internet-based advertising and consumer opt-out programs go to http://aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there.
11. YOUR U.K. PRIVACY RIGHTS
Users from the U.K. have the right to ask us to amend or limit the processing of their Personal Data, (as defined by U.K. law) and in particular not to process their Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your rights to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com. The U.K. Data Protection Act 1998 ("the DPA 1998") gives users from the U.K. the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
12. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided us.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that we stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
13. PRIVACY RIGHTS & DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
General. You may modify the information you have provided to us at any time through your Account. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications, deactivate, or delete your Account at any time.
14. INFORMATION SECURITY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We maintain (and requires its subcontractors and service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any information we process. However, no organizational or technical measures are 100% secure so you should take care when disclosing information online and act reasonably to protect yourself online.
15. SECURITY & INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ generally accepted standards of administrative, physical, procedural, and technological measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, although JASON WU complies with its legal obligations in respect of the security of your personal data we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
16. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
17. OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
This Site is not directed to children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal or contact information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files immediately.
18. CONTACTING US
If you have any inquires or complaints about how we use your personal data, please contact us at:
240 West 35th St., 11th Floor
New York, NY 10001